Friday, April 9, 2010

Life in perspective...

I couldn’t sleep last night… I was up thinking about life and death. A girl I knew, suddenly died yesterday, she was 29, a mother of 2, a wife, and though I did not know as well as others, I knew that she was a positive and genuinely nice person. The way people spoke of her makes you realize how good of a person she was, it’s sad how one day you could be here and the next day be gone. It resurfaced all those feelings I’ve been shoving back for so long, the pain of losing a loved one, it breaks my heart to think of the people she left behind, her daughters and her husband, her family and friends. Makes me want to be a better person, not a different person but a better version of me, a better Norma, a positive spirit, a cheerful heart, I know better, I’ve been through a lot, yet sometimes I still let the trivial stuff get to me…we all have to remember each day is new and what we make of it is in our hands…how do you want to be remembered when you’re gone?

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius

“Attitudes truly are contagious, and from time to time we need to ask ourselves, ‘Is mine worth catching?’” Mac Anderson

"Will someone else's life be brighter tomorrow because of what you have done today?" William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment