Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day tomorrow and since I'm not a mom yet, James & I will be celebrating the mothers in our lives by having a BBQ. It was last minute, so today I'm looking up some recipes and making up my menu which will include potato salad (copy cat of Juan Pollo's famous potato salad), corn on the cobb, and steak, chicken and veggie skewers. Also a fresh fruit salad for dessert. Very simple menu, which will require less time in the kitchen and more time spent with my favorite moms. For beverages I found the recipe for my favorite white wine sangria from La Grande Orange Cafe in Pasadena...if you havent been you must go. http://www.laostationcafe.com/ I searched for the recipe online and found it on the LA Times.


Ingredients:


2 Bottles of Pinot Grigio
1 1/3 c Orange Juice 1/2 c Triple Sec
1/4 c Brandy
1/2 c Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
1 1/2 Sliced Orange
1/2 Sliced Lemon
1/2 Sliced Apple
Large Bunch of Grapes

Directions:
With wire whisk mix sugar, OJ, triple sec, brandy, and wine in a pitcher and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add extract and mix well. Add fruit to pitcher. Serve over ice and use fruit slices as garnish.

Doesnt it sound great! Perfect for summer!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment