Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Alc-O-Vision"


I COULD blame Don Draper, but if it was anyone’s fault, it was Robert Mitchum’s. There he was early in one of my all-time favorite films, “Out of the Past,” sipping bourbon in a little bar in Acapulco (or a Hollywood version thereof), waiting for the girl, thinking about how the day went away like a pack of cigarettes you smoked. But, baby, I didn’t care. I was thinking, man, that bourbon looks good. So I paused Mitchum midsentence, went over to the liquor cabinet and then the freezer, and poured myself a Knob Creek on the rocks. And then another.

Read on...
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/12/dining/12movies.html?scp=1&sq=dvd%20and%20drink%20pairing&st=cse

So Sabrina it is, not only because I love Audrey Hepburn films, but because I also enjoy vodka martinis, chilled, dirty, and with olives! So what movie and which drink will you pair?

No comments:

Post a Comment