Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy mothers day!

Today was a wonderful day! Every mother's day I drive over to my mom's house and cook breakfast for my family, this year I chose to have brunch at my house instead. So saturday I ran every possible errand to get ready for the special day, James & I rented tables and chairs, ran to a few different stores, I made flower arrangements (I included tulips, they’re my favorite), cleaned the house, etc. Sunday I woke up early to do all the cooking, I decided to go with a simple old fashioned breakfast, the menu included cinnamon swirl French toast, country red potatoes, egg, green chilies & cheese casserole, bacon & sausage, fresh fruit, and smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers & bagel plate…and of course we had bubbly, paired with a choice of grapefruit juice, orange juice, or cranberry juice. Needless to say I was very happy with the outcome. The décor was very springy and the weather outside was perfect, cloudy with a little bit of sunshine here and there made sitting out on our patio very refreshing… My family and my in laws came over, we ate, had mimosas, talked, and shared many laughs, it was nice to see my family and James family talking & laughing. Its been since our wedding that we've all been together, so it was very special and what better time than this special day to celebrate our mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment