Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ignorance is Bliss

Today I woke up wondering about the world around us, sometimes when you experience more than the average person, whether it may be joy or pain, it opens up your eyes to more of what this world has to offer...Then again we never really know whats going on in someone else's life or mind, do we? We sometimes become so self absorbed in what our issues are that we forget what others around us are experiencing. Why is it that people are happier in their own secluded worlds?

"When we lose the innocence of childhood, we become compassionate. That's the start of adulthood. We loose our ignorance and bliss with innocence, but we gain knowledge, compassion, and understanding".

Unfortunately, thats not the case for everyone, some people lack compassion... I guess I woke up dissappointed, sometimes you have higher expectations of certain people in your life, and they do not live up to them. On the other hand, some people surprise you, with their generosity and thoughtfulness, and that in turn makes me believe in people. I'm thankful to have my wonderful husband who holds me every night, a very close and tight knit family, and a handful of very close friends who are like sisters and sincerely care for my well being. Thats what I need to be surrounded with, I do not have the time nor the desire for negative energy in my life. There are too many actual things to worry about in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment