Now here's my recipe:
- 1 cup rice (I used bastami)
- 2-3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of saffron threads
- 1/2 onion chopped (used yellow)
- 1 red bell pepper & 1 green bell pepper deseeded & chopped
- 6 garlic cloves smashed
- 3 chicken leg & thighs with skin on
- 1 lbs large uncooked shrimp with shell
- 1 package of pork chorizo
- olive oil
- paprika to taste
In a bowl add saffron to a bit a water to infuse. You'll need to use 2 large saute pans. In one, drip a bit of olive oil, brown chicken, remove and save for later use. Meanwhile, in the other, bring broth to boil, then add shrimp for a couple of minutes until they change color, remove, set aside for later use. In other saute pan, sweat onions & garlic for a few minutes, add bell peppers and cook until slightly tender, add chorizo and cook through, draining well. Add cup of rice and saffron with water to broth, cover and cook on low. Let cook for a few minutes, add chorizo, veggies, and chicken, cover and cook almost all the way through, then add shrimp, and cook until done.
Serve right out of the pan, with hot crispy bread, herbed goat cheese, and an olive medley on the side;) Enjoy!